CHICOPEE ANNOUNCES REVISIONS TO FAIRVIEW CEMETERY RULES AND REGULATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICOPEE – The Chicopee Cemetery Commission together with the Parks and Recreation Department have announced changes to the Fairview Cemetery rules and regulations, effective January 1, 2019.
In an effort to improve the safety of employees and those visiting the cemetery, the Chicopee Cemetery Commission has approved the following revisions to the rules and regulations of Fairview Cemetery:
• No artificial grave ornaments are allowed, including but not limited to the following items:
- Vigil lights/candles
- Glass and/or breakable items of nature (pots, urns, vases, statues, toys, pictures, etc.)
- Artificial flowers
- Wood, metal, wire, nails, or posts that are driven into the ground
• Enclosures of any kind are prohibited, including but not limited to the following:
- Decorative Curbing
- Other landscape or edging items
• Pots, boxes, and urns are only allowed during the following times of year:
- Holiday season – December 1st to January 31st
- Memorial Day season – May 1st to June 30th
• No new live plantings in the ground are allowed. All other plantings will be removed by Department employees at no risk to the City of Chicopee, the Fairview Cemetery Commission, or any of its employees.
For a complete list of Fairview Cemetery rules and regulations, fees and charges, and monument policies, please visit www.chicopeema.gov/384/Fairview-Cemetery
or call the Parks and Recreation Office at 594-3481.
As of October 2018, all artificial grave ornaments have been collected and are available to be retrieved at the Parks and Recreation Office at 687 Front Street.